Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My life ate my blog

Mid-January, long time no see. It was around then that I thought I would take advantage of the housing tax credit being extended, and would look seriously for an apartment to buy. So for four months, the only men in my life were Matthew, Mark and Luke (a biblical trio to be sure), otherwise known as my realtor, lawyer and mortgage lender. It was crazy. I went to open houses every weekend for about a month, put in and had an offer accepted mid-February, then moved in three months later. I had no idea things took that long, but apparently in Manhattan's crazy world of co-ops, that's pretty standard. So with that, work, vacations and finishing up a special certification for work, I was pretty busy for those months and didn't have the mental capacity necessary for anything but watching TV or hanging out with friends when not working. But the end of the story is, I'm now living by myself for the first time ever, in an apartment I like in a neighborhood I like, and given some time we may just end up in love. And I plan on getting a dog towards the end of the summer. And not just because I want to have someone to talk to when I get home ;o).

In the meantime, I haven't seen Adam since the last time I wrote, though I hope he's doing well. I saw JR for the first time in 6 months; we went for a walk around our then shared neighborhood. He asked if I wanted to go meet his girlfriend while she was at work. I thought that would be weird to say the least, so I declined. He offered to help me move, but because I haven't heard from him since, I was right in assuming that it was a crocodile offer (you know, like crocodile tears . . . fake . . . no?). I did bump into another guy I had gone out with a couple of times a few years ago, and he was super-nice, and seemed genuinely interested in and happy for the developments in my life. I'm sure I've mentioned him before, but it's been so long I have no idea what his blog name was. It made me feel really badly (again) about how I stopped seeing him, which was to ignore his phone calls because I didn't know what to say. In my defense, I was young and stupid.

In unrelated news, my former roomie (got to look up her blog name), used one of the old posts for an exercise she did with her students, so that's probably quadrupled my readership right there! She also introduced me to Groupon, when she forwarded me an offer they had for half off a speed-dating session. In the body of her message she suggested it would make a good subject for a post, killing two birds with one stone and guilting me significantly to buy it. So when I do that I'll write it up for you all, as I'm sure it will be an exercise in humility and humiliation! Schadenfreude sells! If things keep going as they are right now, which is too ridiculously early to tell, perhaps I won't need it. I'll keep you posted . . .

1 comment:

MA said...

i LOVE NEW POSTS