Wednesday, April 23, 2014

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Since my last post was not exactly cheery, I wanted to look on the brighter side of things with this one.  I decided to go with 31 things, since that is how old I am.  So here's the list (not including family and friends, who would all be at the top of course), in no particular order.

My Favorite Things
  1. When my dog curls up into a canine nugget.
  2. Sleeping in, especially when tucked under a warm blanket when it's raining.
  3. Fresh-baked ____________.
  4. When a scab is finally ready to be picked off without leaving a mark (gross, I know.)
  5.  An empty movie theater.
  6. Songs from older Disney musicals (I don't know the new stuff as well.)
  7. Getting real cards in the real mail.
  8. Bride day Friday, then and now.
  9. A good cocktail when you really needed one.
  10. The first Mister Softee cone of the summer.
  11. Getting met at the airport by a friend or relative.
  12. A beach vacation.
  13. A vacation to a place I've never been.
  14. A vacation to a place I know and love.
  15. Singing along with the radio in the car, especially on a sunny day (while driving somewhere; I don't just sit in my parked car to do karaoke.)
  16. A hot chocolate, chai latte, or tea when the weather is gross.
  17. Winning (board games, pub trivia, sweepstakes, what have you.)
  18. The "AHA" moment when a kid finally gets what I've been trying to teach him.
  19. Those few weeks in the city where you're able to go outside for hours wearing flip-flops and no jacket, and not sweat through your outfit.
  20. Opening the door to the apartment when I get home from work and don't have to be anywhere else.
  21. The smell of lilacs in the spring.
  22. Finding out I ran faster than I thought I was going.
  23. Finishing a tough crossword or KenKen puzzle.
  24. Finding a 10+ letter word in Boggle.
  25. Getting compliments on the shirt/shoes/dress I wasn't sure about but bought anyway.
  26. Reconnecting with an old friend and feeling like you picked up where you left off.
  27. Having an hour-long conversation that feels like five minutes because you were just that engrossed.
  28. The bittersweet feeling of those first few minutes after having finished a really good book.
  29. Getting a hug at just the right time.
  30. Having nothing to grade.
  31. Coming home to a clean apartment after having been away for awhile.

No comments: