Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday Shorts

Quick updates:
No JR. As predicted, he flaked. Not a big loss, and the longer we go the less I miss it. Or so I try to believe.

As for Adam, we're going out tomorrow for dinner and a movie, and I promise I will do my best to be a little more forward and/or encouraging. He's also coming to a volunteering thing I'm going to on Sunday, so I reeeaaally hope Friday isn't awkward.

Someone may have fallen in facebook love with me. I had never heard of it either until Annie told me it had happened to a couple of people she knows; they had lost touch with people from high school or earlier, who then later found them on facebook, found them attractive, and found themselves in networking website love. This is a guy I've known since 7th grade from being music dorks. We were not particularly close, but went to a movie with two other kids once, and apparently this has stuck with him. We didn't talk all through college or after (and I didn't miss it) until he found me on facebook and realized we live a few hours from each other. This, apparently, is reason enough to get together. I know this is scanty evidence for fb love, but i can't tell you the whole story without you thinking less of me than you already do. Anyway, he's going to be in the city this weekend, so I decided I should bite the bullet and have lunch with him with the hope that it will fend off any more ridiculous requests to meet up in the land where public transportation doesn't go.

I may have volunteered to participate in a date auction, and not as a bidder. Has anyone ever done one of these before? I find it a little scary and imagine it will be more than a little humiliating. But, I figure, what the hell? I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

WerewolfinExile said...

Pursuant to the Adam situation, let him make the first move, but send very deliberate signals time and again. If he fails to act, he should probably be disqualified at some point.

Good luck with the historical footnote from Facebook. Roll with it, from the tone of your blog, you lose nothing, and stand to gain something, even if just content for an amusing post.

Eva said...

so how were the weekend activities with Adam?? i hope everything went smoothly!

i think you could look at this facebook crush as kind of "practice dating". there nothing wrong with going out on a date with someone who you aren't madly attracted to or that you don't ultimately see yourself with. it's just a chance to get out there, have a fun time, and get more comfortable with the whole "dating scene".

Eva said...

p.s. i'm not offended if you want to punch me in the face for having said "dating scene". ew! it almost makes me want to punch myself in the face!

Emilia said...

Please, the fact you can even stand to read what I pass off as writing exempts you from a punch in the face. And you did use air quotes after all, I could sense the disdain.