Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The First Couple of Days

So I saw Jim yesterday morning, we were both using the free weights, he with a couple of his buddies. I said a cheery "good morning" and proceeded to a corner and bench a little ways from them. I assumed at some point he'd say hi again, but I was wrong. I guess I should've figured that with my semi-brushoff the other day he would be a little reluctant to approach me again; next time I'll have to be the one to stick my neck out. It's not something I do well, but I guess I'll need to learn.

Another project: there's a really cute guy who I see on the subway a lot in the morning, and I want to find a way to talk to him. My friend Alissa picked up a guy on the commuter train . . . when we were in high school. She is a great woman and I'd like to borrow a few of her personality traits some times. Another friend whose gifts I could make use of is my girl Vittoria. She can talk to anyone anywhere about seemingly anything, and once punched a guy on the subway. But that's a story for another time. Anyway, I think this guy is in the same profession as me, so maybe I'll start there. He's been MIA the past couple of days, but I'll keep you posted.

No comments: